PLEASE NOTE! These are the Rules from 2018 which were left here for reference.
There may be slight changes for 2019 which will be uploaded at a later date.
1) All USBC Rules not specified here will be in effect.
2) Photographs will be taken of bowlers placing in the Top 5 of each event. You will be notified by your scoring attendant should this be required.
Refusal or failure to have photo taken will result in disqualification.
3) All bowlers are required to be USBC Certified. USBC Membership Cards must be shown at check-in. Non-certified bowlers and bowlers certified
or sanctioned outside of the USBC may enter by purchasing an associate membership from USBC for $25. (An optional Participation Fee of $5
may be paid to enter the Lilac City No-Tap Tournament ONLY. NOTE: This will NOT cover any other tournament entered!)
4) Any bowler entering the Lilac No-Tap who is not eligible as to USBC Membership shall forfeit any claims to refunds and/or prize money, and all
associated scores of said bowler disqualified.
5) PRIZES: All guarantees as listed on the front of tournament entry application will be paid as well as at least one (1) prize for every ten (10) entries.
All prize fees will be returned 100%.
6) Post dated and/or starter checks will not be accepted for payment of entry fees. Only certified checks, money order, charge card, or cash will be
accepted at time of bowling.
7) RETURNED CHECKS WILL BE CHARGED A $30 FEE AND IF NOT PAID IN FULL BY JULY 1, 2018 WILL RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION
OF ALL SCORES FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, DOUBLES, AND GROUP ASSOCIATED WITH SAID CHECK.
8) Entries close prior to the start of the last squad listed on July 1, 2018. POSITIVELY NO REFUNDS AFTER THE FINAL SQUAD HAS BEGUN.
9) This tournament is open to all USBC Certified Members following these guidelines:
a) Singles is one event where Men and Women compete for the same prize fund.
b) Doubles Teams may be Men, Women, or Mixed, all competing for the same prize fund.
c) Two first year bowlers* are not allowed to bowl together in Doubles.
d) PROFESSIONAL BOWLERS** ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
e) NON-USBC: Special consideration will be given to bowlers certified and/or sanctioned outside of the USBC. However, all bowlers must submit
entry forms to our office at least TWO WEEKS prior to bowling. Walk-ins will not be allowed. Call if clarification is needed.
10) Minimum age for participants is 16 years of age as of April 22, 2018. Unmarried high school students under the age of 18 must furnish the
tournament with a signed parental consent form at least 1 week prior to participating. In the event they are bowling with the parent or legal
guardian, the form may be filled out at the time of bowling. Failure to do so will disqualify all scores and prize money associated with the bowler.
AVERAGES: (NOTE: USBC Bowlers may obtain their average information by visiting www.bowl.com.)
11) All bowlers will enter using their HIGHEST USBC, CTF, or other Nationally certified or sanctioned average from the past three seasons
(2015-16, 16-17, 17-18), minimum of 21 games. This includes all leagues whether Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. Current season average
used will be the bowler's average "at time of bowling". In addition:
a) A bowlers "CONVERTED Average" as listed on Bowl.com from a Sport or Challenge League will be used if it is the highest average listed or
reported for that season.
b) A bowler's "COMPOSITE Average" as listed on Bowl.com, will be used if this average is 5 or more pins higher than highest league average
listed or reported for that season.
c) Collegiate, Youth, and uncertified or unsanctioned league averages do not satisfy entry requirements but must be reported and will be used
should it be higher than other averages submitted.
d) All bowlers entering the Lilac City No-Tap Tournament must have a certified or sanctioned average from either the 2016-17 or 2017-18 season
of at least 42 games. If not, that bowler must bowl scratch in all events.
e) Any CURRENT SEASON AVERAGE of 15 games or more, but less than 21 games, that exceeds a bowler's entering average by 5 or more
pins, must be reported for possible adjustment.
f) Any bowler who has averaged 10 or more pins higher than his/her entering average, in any of the past 5 seasons, must report this at time of
registration for possible adjustment.
g) NON-HOUSE PATTERN AVERAGES: All bowlers with averages established on a SPORT or Challenge Pattern, whether certified as such or
not, must report these averages as such. These averages will be adjusted by the appropriate USBC conversion chart. Highest standard or
converted average will be used. Scores will be disqualified for anyone reporting an average as standard should it be found to be otherwise.
h) Tournament Director has jurisdiction on eceptions to Rule 13d and on use of any Converted Sport or Challenge Average in extenuating
circumstances and may allow the bowler's use of a standard average if available and certified. All requests for consideration must be made
2 weeks prior to bowling.
i) DOUBLES: At least 1 bowler must have a current season average. (2017-18) In addition, at least 1 bowler must have Certified or Sanctioned
averages in 2 of the past 3 seasons. If not, both bowlers must bowl scratch in Doubles.
j) Failure to report averages, that form the basis for the tournament director to accept, adjust, or deny entry, shall result in disqualification.
k) It is each bowler's responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her average, whether originally submitted by the bowler, team captain, or other.
12) Use of CURRENT SEASON AVERAGE prior to either the end of the league season or the date that averages are submitted to your local association,
requires that a verification form be completed and submitted to our office by the last day of the tournament, if not at time of bowling. Forms are
available at Check-in. Average reported at first event will be used throughout the tournament.
13) Failure to use the proper average, or make a correction at the time of bowling, may disqualify any score. Prize winnings will be based on the
average submitted if it is higher than the correct average. Average corrections must be submitted to the tournament office, in writing, within
7 days from the date of bowling.
14) Tournament Management has the right to adjust scores after bowling should verified average or other pertinent information become available
that was not available at time of check-in.
15) The maximum allowed average for handicap is 225 for Singles and 450 for Doubles. Maximum allowable Team Average for entry in Doubles is 460.
Doubles Teams over the Maximum allowed average cannot participate.
16) The team captain's signature on the application verifies all information to be correct as submitted.
17) All entrants are required to be familiar with USBC Rule 319E rerating requirements and comply with all requirements in each separate event.
a) In addition to tournament scores from the previous 12 month period, ALL scores from the previous (2017) Lilac City Tournament, Inc. events
must be used in calculating a tournament average.
b) The tournament has the right to adjust, reject, or reclassify any entry without penalty prior to the time of bowling in each separate event.
18) Entry fee will be refunded if entrant(s) do not wish to participate after being notified of any adjustment. Only the singles or doubles set affected is
eligible for a refund.
19) In all events, handicap will be based on 95% of the difference in the Bowler's/Doubles Average and 225 in Singles and 450 in Doubles. All entrants
over the maximum average for handicap in Singles, and between 450 and 460 in Doubles may bowl SCRATCH.
DECLARATIONS: (for clarification, the word "Certified" replaces the word "Sanctioned" as per USBC)
20) All bowlers are required to report at time of registration:
a) All prize winnings of $300 or more in any one event, $500 combined in any one tournament, or $1000 total for all tournaments bowled in the
preceeding 12 months as per USBC.
b) Any rerate or average adjustment, whether accepted or refused, and/or disqualification by any tournament (certified or uncertified, House or
local tournament, or TV show).
c) All scores bowled that were 100 pins or more over his/her average in a 3 game tournament (133 for 4 games, 166 for 5 games) from the previous
12 months, as well as in any current Lilac event.
d) Any current top 10 position in any tournament or event, certified or uncertified, as well as any current Lilac event. (Including any Tournament
still in progress)
21) Bowlers who fail to report any of the above prior to bowling may be disqualified, forfeiting all tournament fees and winnings. Declaration must be
complete, in writing, in ink, signed and dated by the declaring bowler. (Forms are provided at Check-in and by request)
22) When a bowler is requested to submit all tournament scores, he/she must reply in writing within 15 days of the request, whether or not they have
scores or winnings to report.
23) A MINIMUM OF 4 BOWLERS is required to form a squad.
24) All bowlers must report to the tournament office one hour before scheduled bowling time to check in. All doubles partners must check in together
and have all necessary information with them at this time. LANES WILL BE ASSIGNED BY THE TOURNAMENT OFFICE.
25) The tournament office will try to even up all squads. In the event of circumstances beyond control, bowlers assigned lanes alone must bowl alone.
Upon refusal to do so, no entry fee will be returned.
26) Three (3) games will be bowled across 6 lanes for each event.
27) No-Tap means you that you receive a STRIKE when you knock down nine (9) pins with your first ball. All other scoring is regulation.
28) A bowler or bowlers arriving late will be allowed to bowl, however scoring will start with the frame in which they are ready to bowl.
29) Substitutions prior to bowling will be allowed in Doubles event. All substitutions must be reported to the tournament office at least one hour prior
30) When a substitute enters an event already in progress, (not allowed in Singles) the handicap will be based on the original bowler's average or the
substitute's, whichever is higher. Substitutions will only be made in the event of injury.
31) All claims for an error in scoring must be made to a tournament official immediately. No changes in score will be made after the next bowler bowls.
32) If an automatic pinsetter or scorer has a breakdown, the tournament office has the right to move bowlers to other lanes and take whatever steps
are necessary to continue play. In the case of irretrievable score loss, that game (not set) must be rebowled.
33) The tournament has the right to weigh any ball after bowling. If the ball is found to be illegal, this will disqualify the bowler, all scores, and no
refunds will be made. Bowlers may have the surface and weight of the ball checked prior to bowling.
34) Premature termination of the tournament brought on by war, national emergency, or emergencies relating to fire, strikes, labor difficulties, or
other reasons beyond the control of AMF Dewey Garden Lanes, or the Lilac No-Tap Tournament, shall cause the foregoing prize list to be
prorated in accordance to the number of entrants who have bowled in the tournament at the time of termination.
35) The Tournament Director and/or Assigns have final say regarding all questions and/or disputes arising in the Lilac City Tournament.
36) A bowler may compete 5 times in each event. A bowler may bowl twice with the same doubles partner. In doubles events, a bowler may cash only
once with the highest score with the same partner, but as many times as scores indicate if you change. In singles, a bowler may only cash once,
with his/her highest score.
*First Year Bowler: A Bowler who has never had a certified or sanctioned average in an adult league prior to the 2017-18 season.
**Pro Bowler Rule: We consider our No-Tap a "Fun, Amateur Event" and therefore restrict the following. Members of any Professional Association
(PBA/PBA50/PWBA), any National or International Team members, former members whose memberships have not terminated more than three
years prior to April 22, 2018, and former members who have won any professional title in the past 10 years.(2008-09 season to present) In addition,
should we determine past performances as beyond that of what we consider "amateur", we reserve the right to deem any bowler as "Professional"
strictly with regard to entry requirements for Lilac City Tournament, Inc. events. We suggest calling our office should you have questions or need
This Tournament is governed by the Laws of the State of New York. The venue for any cause of action shall be Monroe County.